The 1-year Japanese Course (Basic Japanese Course) is a full-time course that equips students with the necessary knowledge and language proficiency in order to get into a vocational school or get employed in Japan.
Various activities like interactive sessions with university students and homestay programs are conducted frequently to allow our students to experience first-hand the cultures in Japan.
The course also includes well-balanced reading and writing lessons, preparing students for JLPT N1 and N2 exams.
Interview guidance will be provided to those who wish to get into vocational schools.
Furthermore, those who seek employment in Japan can choose to participate in career workshops and business Japanese language courses.
Although this is a 1-year course with intakes in April and October, students are given an option to extend the course up to a maximum of 2 years to achieve advanced level proficiency.
※Tuition fees will be revised starting with students admitted in the academic year 2023.Click here to view the tuition fees for academic year 2022.
1-year Japanese Course (April/October Intakes)
April – September /
October – March
October – March /
April – September
|Course||Japanese Course A/B|
|Visa||Student visa |
(1 year and 3 months)
|Class hours||440hrs. |
|Tuition Fee||JPY 700,000|
*Option to extend the course up to 2 years is available for students with good attendance rate in the first year.
The following curricula are applicable to Japanese Course A/B and the first semester of College Preparatory Course B.
Intermediate and Advanced
The textbooks used in the beginner level include (but not limited to) 「みんなの日本語I・II」 (Second Edition), and from the intermediate level, 「中級へ行こう」, 「中級を学ぼう」, 「TRY! 日本語能力試験 文法からのばす日本語」,「ペアで覚えるいろいろなことば」and「毎日の聞き取り50日」. Newspaper articles and the works of prominent Japanese writers will also be used.
- A full-time course offering more than 880 hours of Japanese lessons in a year. Students will be able to learn in a balanced manner the skills of Reading, Writing, Listening, Speaking, as well as be prepared for the JLPT exam.
- “Japanese Culture” has different themes selected for the lessons. The various themes covered in class consist of learning how to speak naturally and using proper intonations through TV dramas, challenging yourself in Japanese literature, and learning Japanese through songs.
- Classes in the intermediate level will participate in a weekly one-hour Kanji class. Kanji classes are intensive and divided into different levels depending on the student’s reading and writing ability.
- Reading Session is an optional lesson where books written in simple Japanese are provided.
- Get opportunities to participate in various outdoor activities outside of class hours.
- Students will be given many opportunities (more than 20 times per year) to meet Japanese university students and participate conversing in Japanese.
- Students can also participate in the homestay programs held all over Japan during summer vacation.
- Get opportunities to experience Japanese traditional cultures like Kabuki, tea ceremony and many more.
- Our school conducts many events such as tours to museums and factories, hiking etc.
- Short-term enrolment (1 to 3 months) is possible.
Instructors specializing in job guidance as well as regional business entrepreneurs are invited to Recruitment Seminars(①Guidance ②Self-Analysis | Understanding Japanese | Businesses & Companies ③Promoting Yourself | Proper Ways to Write a Resume ④Interviews ⑤Interactive/Dialog Sessions with Business Managers)held by the school. Our staff in charge of job guidance will also provide information and consultation to students while supporting them in job searching activities throughout the year.